List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: LPRng: lpd process running foolish
From:       Patrick Powell <papowell () astart ! com>
Date:       2002-07-23 18:01:10

I just tried this on LPRng 3.8.13, with an HP JetDirect
interface and this worked fine.  I think you might want
to try:

lp
:sd=/var/spool/lp/%P
:lp=printer_FDQN%9100
:mx=0

You can find out what is happening by using lpq -lll
to get more status:

Printer: t7@h110
 Queue: no printable jobs in queue
 Server: no server active
 Rank   Owner/ID                  Class Job Files                 Size Time
done   papowell@h110+957            A   957 /tmp/one.ps            145 10:57:32