List:       loadbalancing-l
Subject:    [load balancing] Big-IP PXE - Adapter Support
From:       "Evan Poll (EMC)" <Evan.Poll () ericsson ! ca>
Date:       2003-06-11 15:39:27

Hello all,

I've been trying to run a PXE (network install) using the 4.2-PTF06 image on my \
laptop. The PXE process fails because the kernel cannot detect the laptop's Ethernet \
adapter upon boot. I have tried numerous different PCMCIA adapters but to no avail, \
I'm trying to find which network adapters are supported.

I also discovered that different versions of the software support different adapters, \
4.2-PTF06 would not boot on my DELL CP laptop using a Xircom but 4.5-PTF03 worked \
liked a charm.

F5 support is working on getting me a list but they have nothing official. I wondered \
if anyone on the mailing list has done PXE installs using laptop/PCMCIA and I would \
be interested in knowing which type of network adapter was used (preferably with the \
4.2-x image).

Thanks in advance,

--
Evan