List:       listar-support
Subject:    Re: [Listar-support] Listar and exim
From:       Alex Shnitman <alexsh () hectic ! net>
Date:       1999-05-24 21:23:50

Hi

You may remember that I posted the following problem to this list some
time ago:

 > > I'm trying to use Listar with the Exim mailer. It works pretty well,
 > > but I have one problem. When I e-mail listar@ the e-mail just gets
 > > lost and never replied to. If I create a mailing list (using the perl
 > > script) and then use mailing-list-request@, it works very well.

We didn't solve it then, but today I had an enlightenment :-) and I
found out that the solution is very easy. I'm writing it here in case
anyone else has this problem in the future. (Are these lists archived
somewhere?)

The thing is that I had the listar_aliases director as the last
director, so the director that delivers to user mailboxes was before
it, and the mail to listar went to the mailbox! The solution of course
was to move the listar_aliases director right after the system_aliases
one, so it gets processed before the localuser director. That's all.

Thanks for a great program! Listar is a very fine piece of software,
if still a bit undocumented. :-)

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh@hectic.net, alexsh@linux.org.il   +-----------------------

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
	-- Charles Duell, head of the U.S. Patent Office, 1899