List:       listar-dev
Subject:    [LDev] Introduction
From:       Ken Payne <kpayne () ford-trucks ! com>
Date:       2000-02-08 1:36:32

Just got invited over here.  I'll state my credentials
and you guys can let me know where help is needed and
if you need my assistance.

Been programming since about 1979, as a 12 year old with
6502 assembler.  Later moved up to Turbo Pascal, Z80
assembler and x86 assembler.  I've been programming
C for 12 years, and 8 with C++.  I have real-time,
database (Sybase, Oracle), Internet and fault-tolerant
experience.  A lot of my experience has also been
designing and implementing communications protocols.
I've also written both a BASIC and C-like interpreter
(as scripting languages).

Most of it is on NT/Windows, and about a year on Free
BSD and Linux.

I think I can probably handle almost anything you
throw at me unless it has to do with some of the
nitty-gritty SMTP stuff (still learning that).  Also,
I could do filters but maybe Perl is best suited for
that.

On a final note, Listar is a great package, and after
the initial problems setting it up, I'm quite pleased.
I've been using Majordomo for 3 years with about
6000 subscribers and I've been hearing that entire
time that Majordomo 2 was just around the corner.
Well, I've given up on that.... Listar is under
active development, in a language I understand (I've
can't stand Perl's ()#&(*(!@! syntax).  I must say
that I'm impressed with the package.

Ken Payne