List:       listar-dev
Subject:    [LDev] DBM support for listar?
From:       Rob Deker <deker () ikimbo ! com>
Date:       2000-01-29 14:48:18

Just out of curiosity, has anybody here ever given any thought to having
listar use GNU DBMs rather than users files? I'm working on a project for
work where I'm basically having to re-implement some of listar's features
(list creation, subscription, unsubscription, flag setting, etc) without
actually using listar to perform these tasks (it's a long story, don't ask
:) and I was thinking that if the users file was a GDBM that
unsubscriptions and flag removels (specifically) would be much easier and
reduce the need for temporary files and possible race conditions where one
process clobbers another processes changes, etc.

If nobody has thought about it, could somebody point me in a rough
direction as to where in the code I could find the sections that would
require updating to support this so I can take a look at it?

Thanks,

rob