List:       listar-dev
Subject:    [LDev] Re: moderate.c: approving single posts to listname-repost?
From:       Jeremy Blackman <loki () maison-otaku ! net>
Date:       2000-01-26 22:33:12

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Tim Pierce wrote:

> One subscriber to my list sent me a private reply to a posting, and
> then wrote back and asked if I would post it to the whole list.  I
> tried to do so by bouncing his message to listname-repost.  But
> because it was an ordinary message in my private mailbox, and had no
> Listar `apppost' wrapper, it disappeared into a black hole.  Is this
> intentional?

Yes, it is intentional.  Now, I suppose I could do a 'make_moderated_post'
on it, but it does seem silly since users should not be posting to
-repost, and admins could just forward a message to the list itself.

It will send a note to the message sender saying 'no moderator cookie
found' to the message originator in this case.  Though, come to think of
it, I am not sure I remembered to honor Resent-From as the true sender in
the moderation code, so if you literally 'bounced' the message to repost,
the original guy might have gotten the note. :)

I'll take a look at that shortly, to make sure. :)

--
Jeremy Blackman - loki@maison-otaku.net / loki@listar.org / jeremy@lith.com
Lithtech Team, Monolith Productions      -- http://www.lith.com