List:       listar-dev
Subject:    [EDev] Re: debian files in CVS
From:       Julien WAJSBERG <flash () minet ! net>
Date:       2004-04-26 15:55:04

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Blars Blarson wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.58.0404251453290.32178@trex.minet.net> you write:
> >The Debian subdirectory in CVS isn't usable in its current shape; a while
> >ago, I made some modifications to make it work, taken from both the
> >official debian package and the original files.
> >
> >The result is here :
> >http://www.minet.net/~flash/ecartis/ecartis-debian-20040324.tar.gz
> >
> >Files to add :
> >debian-lsg2.diff : use the correct path on a Debian system
> >ecartis.8 : man pages that comes with the official debian package
> >ecartis.logrotate : logrotate file
> >dellist.pl : contrib to remove a list with postfix and virtual tables
> >newlist.pl : contrib to add a list with postfix and virtual (some french
> >in them)
> >
> >Files to remove :
> >debian-Makefile.diff
> >debian-listargate.diff
> >
> >I already submitted this a while ago, but it's still not in CVS, and I had
> >no answer.
> >
> >--
> >Julien Wajsberg
> >

> I'm the maintainer of the current debian package.  I havn't done much
> to it since taking it over recently other than fix a few bugs, and
> some appropriate release tagging of some of the bugs in the Debian
> BTS.  (I took it over so it wouldn't be dropped from the upcoming
> Debian release.)
>
> If you are interested in becoming a Debian Developer I could look at
> your changes and possibly sponsor them into the Debian archives.  Or
> if you just want to help you could submit patches on any of the open
> bugs.  (See http://packages.qa.debian.org/e/ecartis for a list of
> them.)

(you meant http://bugs.debian.org/ecartis, didn't you ? ;)

I just checked the official debian package, and it's way better than
before :) (and than my changes :o)

It seems however than some files were taken from mine (like the README,
which specifies my contrib files ;).. I will look further into this issue,
and try to merge both :) (since I have some free time this week ;)

--
Julien