List:       list-managers
Subject:    help
From:       rgarraud () safety1st ! com (Ron Garraud)
Date:       1997-11-15 2:05:32

     majordomo.aliases:

     baan:           "|/home/majordomo/wrapper resend -l baan baan-list"
     baan-list:      :include:/home/majordomo/lists/baan
     baan-outgoing:  :include:/home/majordomo/lists/baan
                     "|/home/majordomo/wrapper archive2.pl -a -m
                     -f /home/majordomo/lists/archive/baan/baan.archive"
     owner-baan:     rgarraud@safety1st.com
     baan-owner:     rgarraud@safety1st.com
     baan-request:   rgarraud@safety1st.com
     baan-approval:  rgarraud@safety1st.com

     I have no  problem to subscribe to the list. However, I was having
     problem to send mail at baan@safety1st.com.

     Two days later, I received the following message from the postmaster:

     The Program-Deliver module couldn't deliver the message to one or more
     of the intended recipients because their delivery program(s) failed.
     The following error messages provide the details about each failure:

          The account for baan@safety1st.com has an invalid UNIX user
          ID (baan) . Was it misspelled or removed?

     The message was not delivered to:

          baan@safety1st.com

     Please reply to Postmaster@hp-d350.safety1st.com

     My question is: Do I need create a Unix account for each mailing list
     that I have created?

     I did not recall in the past that I had to create an  Unix account for
     a mailing list.

     By the way, I'm using Netscape Messaging server.

     Please let me know what to do next?

     Thanks for your help.

     Ron