List:       linuxbios
Subject:    [coreboot] [coreboot - Feature #433] Unify TPM drivers in coreboot
From:       Maciej Pijanowski <coreboot () fe80 ! eu>
Date:       2022-10-26 21:27:28

Issue #433 has been updated by Maciej Pijanowski.

Sergii Dmytruk wrote in #note-3:

> > Add an option to compile all drivers for TPM 1.2, 2.0 TIS and CRB.

> An option like "compile all of them" or just allow selecting any subset of the \
> drivers?

I'd say select which drivers to include. Currently, one can include only one IIUC.

There would be no point in including driver if we know that given platform

will never come with given set of TPMs.

For example, we have a laptop which can use either discrete TPM 2.0 or fTPM.

We could give user selection which TPM should be used. Or, for example,

use fTPM if discrete TPM 2.0 module is not present. Etc.

Feature #433: Unify TPM drivers in coreboot

https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/433#change-1226