List:       linux1394-user
Subject:    Re: libraw1394 not installed problem
From:       Dan Dennedy <dan () dennedy ! org>
Date:       2003-02-26 2:40:54

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 19:32, J. Leigh Torgerson wrote:
> Trying to get a Fire-i camera running on RH 2.4.18-24.8.0 kernal, and
> I can't seem to get coriander, gscanbus or libdc to compile, since
> the ./configure step always ends in an error message saying that
> libraw1394 isn't installed.

How did you get libraw1394--from package or compiling a tarball? If from
compiling a tarball, did you 'make install' it? Is /usr/local/lib in
/etc/ld.so.conf? If not, as superusers, add it and run ldconfig.

> It IS installed, (version 0.9.0), and seems to work - testlibraw
> finds the 1394 card and doesn't show anything that looks like error
> messages.

If you compiled from a tarball, then libtool is taking care of locating
the library or static linking. This is not a good test of installation.
You could look in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib for the library and look in
/usr/include/libraw1394 or /usr/local/include/libraw1394 for raw1394.h.