List:       linux-xfs
Subject:    Re: Not strictly an XFS question
From:       "Sean Kormilo" <skormilo () nortelnetworks ! com>
Date:       2003-06-17 13:06:42

I had the same basic trouble getting Mandrake Linux 9.1 to install on my
NForce2 based system (with NVidia graphics card) and 1GB RAM.

The following is the solution listed by Mandrake:

Error scenario:
Booting the installer, a machine with a lot of memory (1GB or more)
hangs with flashing caps/scroll lock LEDs (Bugzilla #3198).

Why:
It seems as though there is framebuffer trouble with certain video cards
on machines with a high amount of memory.

Solution:
At the installer splash screen when you first boot off the CD or floppy
disks, press F1 and type "linux vga=0".

You might try something similar with RedHat.

Sean.

--

Sean C. Kormilo, STORM Software Architect, Nortel Networks
              email: skormilo@nortelnetworks.com