List:       linux-vlan
Subject:    [VLAN] Re: [VLAN] Re: [VLAN] Vlan and DHCP
From:       Ben Greear <greearb () candelatech ! com>
Date:       2000-10-23 15:20:04

Jos De Graeve wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been following this thread but don't have the knowledge of the linux
> kernel internals.
>
> I would like to know if a standard DHCPD is supposed to work with
> linux-2.2.17 and vlan-0.0.13 because the modified one is no longer in the
> distribution.
>
> I have a working VLAN installation but i can't seem to get DHCPD working
> (it recieves the request but the answer doesn't get there). I have tried
> to set the "reorder flag" without succes.
>
> The dhcp-2.0 witch was with the 0.0.12 distri doesn't compile on my
> machine.
>
> Is there anyone who has vlan and dhcp working with some or another version
> ??

Seems I fixed inbound with REORDER, but did not fix out bound.  I should
have a patch out this afternoon that fixes the outbound (soon as I can
shut down my wife's computer and boot it up on the dev kernel to test :))

--
Ben Greear (greearb@candelatech.com)  http://www.candelatech.com
Author of ScryMUD:  scry.wanfear.com 4444        (Released under GPL)