List:       linux-vlan
Subject:    Re: [VLAN] Endianess problem with VLAN ID on HP 2626 switch.
From:       Ard van Breemen <ard () kwaak ! net>
Date:       2003-08-19 9:05:04

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:51:50AM +1000, Matthew Natalier wrote:
> I sent something like this at the bottom of a message regarding C+'s, so
> please forgive any Deja Vu.
>
> I am currently trying to resolve this with HP, but not getting much a
> useful response.  Has anybody else had problems with HP 2626 vlans?
>
> If I set my Linux machine to have a vlan of 9 (00 09), I have to set up
> the switch to have a vlan of 2304 (09 00).  It appears as though it byte
> reverses the vlan id field (including the priority).
>
> Has anybody else encountered this or similar problems?

Can you make a dump of the raw vlan packets going into the
switch, and a dump of tagged packets coming from the switch?
Make the dump of the tagged packets without the 802.1q module
loaded!

I am just guessing at somewhere the byte order is swapped, and I
guess it is not the switch...

--
mail          up      12:54,     7 users,  load 0.00, 0.01, 0.00
mistar1     down   44+22:34