List:       linux-virtualization
Subject:    [Lf-announce] We're Linux Contest: Over Schedule? No Problem.
From:       Linux Foundation <jennifer () linuxfoundation ! org>
Date:       2010-03-31 16:44:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

==> 2010 "We're Linux" Submission Deadline Extended; Sub-Category
Submissions Encouraged < ==

Just like Hollywood blockbusters, sometimes projects go over schedule. We've
been asked to extend the deadline so a few teams can get their submissions
done in time to be considered for this year's "We're Linux" video contest.
So if you need a little extra time as well, you're in luck.

The "We're Linux" video submission deadline is being extended to April 11,
2010 at midnight PT.

The best overall video, as determined by our panel of judges and online
community rankings, will win the grand prize, which includes both a trip to
Boston to attend LinuxCon in August (airfare and hotel) and a laptop loaded
with Linux.

The Linux Foundation is also encouraging submissions in two sub-categories
to allow more people to be recognized for their contributions.

Last year, we had a handful of company-produced videos that were very good
and received thousands of views. We're looking for quality company
submissions again this year and will choose the best ones to promote in our
announcement materials when the winners are revealed.

We also want to invite some healthy competition from Linux users and
developers who are passionate about the best Linux distro. Everyone has
their favorite - whether that's Ubuntu, Debian, openSUSE, Fedora, Linux Mint
or another one. Show us what makes it the best in 60 seconds or less and
your distro will win the promotion it deserves.

Just like last year we want you to be in charge. While the Linux Foundation
could write a detailed creative brief and tell you exactly what to do, it’s
not our style (or hopefully yours). Linux isn't a top-down, commercially
controlled operating system. It's a grassroots product of mass
collaboration. But here are a few questions to think about:

• Would your video get people talking the day after the Super Bowl?

• Can your video inspire people to try Linux?

• Animation can work wonders. It’s easier to get a point across with
animation instead of live actors. There are some great sites out there that
help you create animated videos.

• How do you convey the power and ideals of the operating system in your
video?

All videos will be featured on this website and on our YouTube channel. More
details and submission instructions:
http://video.linuxfoundation.org/categories/we-are-linux-super-bowl-ad-video-contest
.