List:       linux-virtualization
Subject:    [Lf-announce] LinuxCon CFP Deadline Today - Submit a Proposal to
From:       Linux Foundation <events () linux-foundation ! org>
Date:       2010-03-31 16:44:50

LinuxCon CFP Deadline is Today - Submit a Proposal Before Its Too Late!

Don't miss the chance to speak at the industry's premiere Linux
conference - LinuxCon!  The deadline is fast approaching - tonight at
midnight to be exact - and we want to make sure that everyone
interested in participating as a speaker, has the opportunity to get a
proposal in before the deadline.

LinuxCon will provide an unmatched collaboration and education space
for all matters Linux. We will bring together all of the best
technical talent and the decision makers and industry experts who are
involved in the Linux community. With a wide range of speakers and
attendees, LinuxCon offers a unique conference experience that
encourages collaboration, progress and interaction. We invite you to
share your ideas and experiences with the Linux community by
submitting proposals for presentations, tutorials, birds of a feather
sessions, panels, lightning sessions and workgroups.

There will be three different categories for submissions: Developer
(kernel, core development, software engineering), Operations (systems
administration and management, systems architecture, Linux migration
and deployment) and Business (open source governance, enterprise,
ecosystem). Each of these groups plays a key role in the Linux
community and we want to make sure that they are represented at
LinuxCon.  While we have a list of suggested topics for proposals, we
invite the community to submit any creative and interesting topic that
they think might be pertinent to the audience.

We do have funding for some LinuxCon speakers, so please submit a
proposal even if you require funding, and we will do our best to
accommodate.

For more information on the CFP guidelines, and to submit a proposal,
please click here: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/

For more information on LinuxCon, or to register to attend (early
registration deadline has been extended to April 30th!), please click
here: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/