List:       linux-video
Subject:    Hauppage WinTV USB2 issues
From:       jwlademann () myrealbox ! com
Date:       2005-12-21 11:41:52

Hi there,

I have a PAL/Secam version of the Hauppage WinTV USB2 and am using the
em28xx driver from cvs to use it (it uses tvp5150, msp3400, tda9887).  I was
using the v4l-kernel cvs tree with few issues but it was useable.  I
recently switched to the newer v4l-dvb tree and have found a few problems.
I've looked at the Changelog but a lot of things have changed in em28xx and
related modules so I can't track down the exact point at which things
changed.  There's 2 basic problems currently - colours are screwy, they're
either all purple/green craziness, black and white, or vertical bands of
purplish/greenish right across the screen.  The other problem is that the
sound is quite distorted from the line out on the box.  Any ideas?  Is
there's anything I can try/test improve matters?

Cheers,
James