List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    Re: [Linux-usb-users] make dep
From:       Christoph Meinel <christoph_meinel () web ! de>
Date:       2000-07-25 5:49:54

Hi,
First I have to admit that I am a complete Linuc novice, but I still want to
make my Elsa Microlink USB modem run under Linux. And I am still stuck with
the problem that after applying the patch 2.2.16  to my Kernel 2.2.14 (Suse
6.4), the first problem arising is that after 'make dep' the following error
occurs.

 make[6]:  Entering directory '/usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/serial'
 make[6]:  No rule to make 'fastdep' Stop
 make[6]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/serial'

As Michael pointet out this means that
/usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/serial/Makefile does not have a 'fastdep' label
in it. It is even worse: this Makefile doesn't even exist. What could be the
reason for that ? What did I perhaps forget to do ?

Thanks
Christoph