List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Iomega Rev drive on Linux 2.6.12-2.3.legacy_FC3 (Fedora 3)
From:       Martijn Schoemaker <martijn () osp ! nl>
Date:       2006-04-12 15:19:38

Hi all,

I recently bought an Iomega Rev drive to do my backups on. Although the device
seems to work, I notice that it slows down suddenly during large transfers. It
transfers up to 400Mb in a matter of seconds, but then it slows down to a
crawl. When I transfer files < 400Mb and unmount it takes a second or so for
the sync to complete, so it seems that this is not the speed of the buffer
cache otherwise I'd expected the sync/unmount to take minutes too. I see no
error messages in the syslog at all.

Has anyone here got an Iomega Rev ? And what are your experiences ? Is there
anything more I can tweak ?

Cheers,
Shoenix