List:       linux-usb-users
Subject:    [Linux-usb-users] Why USB floppy devices name change sometimes ( /dev/sda ->
From:       Rocky Zhang <rocky () userful ! com>
Date:       2004-03-17 17:57:42

Hi,

I connected 4 SONY USB floppy drives into my computers running redhat 9.
I found it very weird that the USB floppy logical device name change
unexpectedly ( /dev/sda -> /dev/sda1, /dev/sdb -> /dev/sdb1 etc) when I
plug in/unplug USB floppy drives. It cause problem if I try to "mount
/dev/sda" command because no such device. And the device name
(/dev/sda1, /dev/sdb1, etc) will never changed until next reboot. Is it
a bug of linux USB management? How can I prevent it happen?

Thanks.

Rocky