List:       linux-usb-devel
Subject:    [linux-usb-devel] OT? -- The Belkin ExpressBus Plus is really a Magic Control Technology Corp. USB B
From:       Miles Lane <miles () speakeasy ! org>
Date:       2000-09-30 20:08:43

First, a question.  Is it appropriate to forward this sort
of information to the development team? If not, my apologies.

If anyone else out there tries buying the Belkin ExpressBus
Plus with the hope of developing drivers for it, check out
this web page:

http://www.mct.com.tw/p_usb-bay1.html

It shows an exact picture of the Belkin device.  Belkin's
version is simply black instead of white and says Belkin
on top.

I tracked down the manufacturer based on an ID found in
/proc/bus/usb/devices.

Anyhow, I am attempting to get documentation for this
hardware from both Belkin and MCT.  I will let you know
if I get good documentation we can use for driver
development.

Currently, the USB ports seem to work.  The parallel port
has some problems and the serial port is unusable (we don't
detect it).

All the best,

Miles