List:       linux-sound
Subject:    midi controllers + laptop
From:       douglas irving repetto <douglas () roar ! music ! columbia ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-30 18:37:59

hi,

i can't seem to find any info about using external midi interfaces with
linux. i'm using a laptop (dell inspiron 7500, which works very well
with linux!) so my soundcard (maestro IIe) doesn't have a midi port on
it...i use a number of midi controllers (like the peavey pc1600 fader
box) when performing, and i'd love to move some of my software over to
linux...

so can i just get a standard midi interface and hook it up to my serial
port? i can't find any info at all on this, all i'm finding is "how to
play midi files using your soundcard type stuff."

thanks,
douglas