List:       linux-sound
Subject:    ALSA
From:       Dave Mielke <dave () mielke ! cc>
Date:       2000-04-12 20:46:39

The INSTALL file for the ALSA driver describes a special control file named
"/proc/asound/0/pcmD0o". It says that a line like the following can be written
to this file:

    Playback <app_name> <fragments> <fragment_size> [<options>]

The description of the <app_name> parameter says:

    <app_name> - name of application with (higher priority) or without path

Does anyone know what the phrase "higher priority" here actually means? Also,
what is the syntax for assigning a priority to an application?

--
Dave Mielke           | 856 Grenon Avenue | I believe that the Bible is the
EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2B 6G3   | if you're concerned about Hell.