List:       linux-sound
Subject:    Re: /dev/dsp : no such device
From:       Venkat S <venks () surffast ! com>
Date:       2002-10-22 3:56:16

Hi

Yes, I checked lsmod. the sound module had been autounloaded,
but the next open(/dev/dsp) resulted in the drivers being
loaded, and hence the open succeeded. this, although i had the
program waiting for the external trigger for quite some time(the
problem scenario). Now i am lost!

So, do you think there could be a problem with open() failing
before the insmod of the sound modules can complete?

venkat