List:       linux-sony
Subject:    Re: [Linux-sony] OT: Max RAM for R600MX
From:       Jack Coates <jack () monkeynoodle ! org>
Date:       2003-01-30 17:29:31

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 08:17, robin chung wrote:
> Sorry for off-topic...

hardware issues are on-topic IMHO.

> I have a vaio r600-mx which I have upgraded to 256 MB recently.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with bumping this machine up to 384 or 512 MB?  the \
> r600HEFD model apparently supports 384+ MB, but not sure about my r600-MX...
> I would imagine I can only add 1 DIMM, so perhaps I am limited to 128 (on board) + \
> 256 MB = 384 MB?

er, you've upgraded the RAM but aren't sure how many DIMM slots you
have? Most laptops only have one, so you would in fact need to sell your
128M SO-DIMM and buy a bigger one. Search the list archives, there've
been some RAM upgrade success stories that may apply to your model.

> I have upgraded the bios to the latest version -- R0226u1 -- not sure if this \
> helps!
> cheers,
> -r

Jack Coates