List:       linux-sony
Subject:    AW: [Linux-sony] e100 module
From:       "Raphael Langerhorst" <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-12-04 17:07:30

Hi!

Thanks Greg. I tried to get the ACPI patch during the day - quite an
adventure without network, I can tell you *g*. At last I got it on
floppy and tried to patch the kernel ... but I already patched it with
the "big" patch for the 505 model. So the patch detected a previous
patch, of course.

But - I found a workaround :) it might be a bit nasty but it works after
all. I still had the original kernel from the mandrake installation and
I just added an entry into GRUB and booted from the old kernel. Guess
what, network works :) but sound doesn't :( . So if I need network I
always have to reboot. After all I can at least use it in some way.

Besides that I read some of your journal with your sony. There I
actually came to a link where I found out exactly how to set up the
X-Server for Mandrake 9.0 (thank you!!) and I also patched my kernel
with the big patch. That was yesterday ... already said that.

greetings,
Raphael