List:       linux-sony
Subject:    [Linux-sony] e100 module
From:       "Raphael Langerhorst" <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-12-04 5:34:20

Hello!

This is my first post to this mailing list. So hello everybody!

The reason for joining was - well, of course - my sony notebook and my
couple of problems with it. At the time of joining (12 hours ago) I was
still working on getting the X-Server running with 1024x768x24 and some
sound problem (and CD/DVD drive in docking station doesn't work).

Anyway, at the same time I found just the instructions I needed to
compile the patched X-Server and I also found the big Kernel patch for
2.4.19. OK, sound and graphic work excellent now. But another thing
broke down.

My notebook:

Sony Vaio PCG-R600HFPD  (I think it's some 505 model in the US).
1 GHz PIII
830M graphic chip
docking station with CD/DVD
Intel 10/100 MBit Ethernet network card (the e100 module is needed).

Running Mandrake 9.0

After I compiled the custom kernel and booted from it the sound card
could not be initialized - I reconfigured the module telling him to use
intel_audio 810 using the control center of mandrake.

Fine, after a while I found out that the network interface (he can't
allocate the device) also broke down, I couldn't configure it inside the
control center and I would now really appreciate if someone could tell
me, HOW I can manually set up the network device.

Thanks in advance,
Raphael