List:       linux-sony
Subject:    [Linux-sony] MATSHITA Model: UJDA710
From:       Ullrich Pfeiffer <ull () allkus ! com>
Date:       2002-01-22 2:38:42

Hi all,

I have a problem with mounting my firewire CD-RW DVD drive UJDA710
from MATSHITA on a Sony Vaio PCG-R505.

Im using the latest stable kernel release 2.4.17 and the latest cvs
ieee1394 code. I have disabled the PCILynx support due to compilation
errors for that module and enabled the extensive debugging output.

I have to say, it almost looks like it is working. All modules
(ieee1394, ohci1394, sbp2) have been loaded successfully and I found
the right entry for my drive in /proc/scsi/scsi:

Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: MATSHITA Model: UJDA710          Rev: 1.50
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

The problem is, if I try to mount it (mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom) no
media seems to be found and the drive does not spin-up as it should.
In the extensive debugging output in /var/log/messages I could not
find any hint on what is going wrong, no errors at least. Using the
rescan-scsi-bus.sh script makes no difference.

Does anybody has an idea?

Ullrich