List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: Weird Bug, or is it me?
From:       jlewis () lewis ! org
Date:       2000-02-17 15:18:05

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Andrew J. Pavlis wrote:

> I noticed on my xterm that this message appeared after that happened.  Now, it was
> working fine until I clicked on a "knowledge base" link................I have seen
> it crash before, but not when I click on a link.........usually happens when I do
> something too quickly, or I get a java site that is whacked.............Never saw
> this error before, though.
>
> [1]   Bus error               netscape  (wd:  ...   )

Happens all the time when Netscape sees something it doesn't like.  It's
not likely SMP related at all since I see it happen on UP systems.  There
may have been some java or even javascript in the page you started to
load.  The really odd thing is some pages will always crash netscape,
while others will only sometimes crash it.