List:       linux-rt
Subject:    Re: [rtl] rtai problem
From:       Steve Papacharalambous <stevep () zentropix ! com>
Date:       1999-09-26 8:56:32

"Der Herr Hofr.at" wrote:

> Hi !
>
>  tried rtai-6.0 , kernelbatch ok , compiling rtai (seems) ok
>  but then
>
> rtai1: > insmod rtai
> using /lib/modules/2.2.12/misc/rtai
> rtai1: > lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by
> rtai                   24032   0  (unused)
> smc-ultra               4216   1  (autoclean)
> 8390                    6660   0  (autoclean) [smc-ultra]
> rtai1: > ksyms | grep -e mount -e calibrate_8254                    [rtai]
> c20163d0  rt_mount_rtai                     [rtai]
> c20165d0  rt_umount_rtai                    [rtai]
> c2017e90  calibrate_8254                    [rtai]
> rtai1: >depmod -e rt_cal
> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in rt_cal
> depmod:         calibrate_8254
> depmod:         rt_mount_rtai
> depmod:         rt_umount_rtai
> rt_cal:
> rtai1: >
>
> if I now insmod rt_cal it gives me a segfault at the insmod and lsmod shows
> me rt_cal as (uninitialized) and I can't remove it any more. the same happend
> with the rt_process from the examples/sound/ .
>
> platform   486DX4/32MB-RAM
> OS-version SuSE 6.2
>
> I get the same results with rtai-5.0 AND rtai-4.0
>
> any hints what I messed up here ??
>
> thx
> nmg
> --- [rtl] ---
> To unsubscribe:
> ----
> For more information on Real-Time Linux see:
> http://www.rtlinux.org/~rtlinux/

Hi,

If you are trying to run rt_cal for the 8254 then the module rt_cal in
the 8254_calibration subdirectory has been compiled for kernel version
2.2.10 and so when you try to insmod it there is a kernel-module version
mismatch.  It looks like this is due to a bug in the top level Makefile
for rtai as it does not have 8254_calibrate in its cleanall or all
targets.

If you go to the 8254_calibrate directory and run: "make clean" and
"make all" then you will be able to insmod rt_cal,

Best regards,

Steve Papacharalambous

To unsubscribe: