List:       linux-raid
Subject:    Documentation
From:       gvl () phorce1 ! com
Date:       2000-03-29 9:17:28

Where is the best documentation on raid in general located? I'm thinking
about striping my drives (raid 0 -- 2 IDE and 1 scsi) but have no idea
what I'm up against, or if it would benefit me on speed.  I looked
through HOWTO's but found only the ROOT-RAID howto. It seems to deal
with older raid drivers, and I don't plan to put my root on a MDx
anyway.

I want to reformat my drives to keep roughly the same partition sizes I
have now, but with increased speed from spreading the data across
multiple drives.

Am I way off base?

Gerald
--
'69 Bug (Airball, the Rolling Basket Case)

Have a look at my online store for gift ideas:
<a HREF="http://shop.affinia.com/phorce1/Store/"></a>