List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: RealPlayer Stability
From:       Warren Nagourney <warren () dirac ! phys ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2000-07-05 17:17:37

Would it be possible to know some of your parameters, such as kernel type,
internet connection speed, RealPlayer preferences, etc.? This information
is just as useful for successful users of RealPlayer as it is for those of
us with problems.

I am interested in tracking down the problem with RP7, since linuxppc is in
general much better for internet things than the Mac OS and the absence of
RealPlayer has been one of the major weaknesses of linuxppc until now. So
far, it seems to have something to do with either some subtle network
timing or something in SMP kernels.

I very much appreciate the effort our local company (Real) is making on the
behalf of linuxppc users and hope that these issues can be ironed out soon.

Thanks.

Warren Nagourney

--On Wed, Jul 5, 2000 10:50 AM -0400 Simon Piette <spiette@generation.net>
wrote:

> I am not sure if this the good place to talk about reliability of
> RealPlayer on the Mac.  Anyway.
>
> We heard on the list a few people having some problems with RP7, but
> maybe we didn't heard enough of people without problems, as me :-)
>
> It didn't crash since I got it (3 days ago), and I've been running it for
> hours ...

Warren Nagourney   <warren@dirac.phys.washington.edu>  Voice: 206-543-9585
University of Washington                                      206-543-0143
Physics Dept., Box 351560, Seattle, WA 98195             Fax: 206-685-0635

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/