List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    G4 CD
From:       Maurice van Steensel <baserv.uci.kun.nl () lists ! linuxppc ! org>
Date:       2000-04-30 21:28:27

Hi all

Well - got LinuxPPC running on my new G4/400. Oh Joy! Fast as hell. With some
trouble, X works perfectly. Am working now to get the printer (Epson Stylus 740
USB) running.
Anyways, as we all know, CD playing doesn't work yet. Does anyone know of a
workaround?
the easy thing to do would be, I suppose, to rip MP3's off my CD's, burn them
onto another CD and then use xmms to play them. But that seems wasteful somehow.
Has anyone though of something else yet?

Maurice

  --  Graduate students and most professors are no smarter than
undergrads. They're just older.

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/