List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: KOffice
From:       Kyle Wheeler <memoryhole () mac ! com>
Date:       2000-03-26 17:00:15

At 1:11 AM -0500 3/26/00, Herbert N. Weil IV wrote:
>Does anybody have a binary RPM for KOffice or any part thereof?

KOffice, unfortunately, is being developed exclusively for KDE2 - and
so it won't run on your 1.1.1 system (assuming you're the same Herber
N. Weil IV who's having background problems) unless you get the KDE2
rpms - which don't exist in any complete form. YellowDog Linux, on
rpmfind.net, have some KDE2-libs rpms, but I wouldn't use them for
anything except development (and I don't think they'd be enough to
*run* applications anyway) - BUT feel free to try. And as far as RPMs
go, the best out there is a SRPM from Mandrake Linux (who are
notorious for making their RPMs work only on Mandrake systems).
Unfortunately, your best bet is to first download the current CVS
source for KDE2, compile and install it, and then download the
current CVS source for KOffice, and compile and install it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
--
~Kyle Wheeler
memoryhole@mac.com

---
Mac for productivity. Linux for development.
Palm for mobility. Windows for laughs.

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/