List:       linux-ppc
Subject:    Re: New to this list
From:       "AArthur" <arthur99 () global2000 ! net>
Date:       1999-03-31 0:28:16

> Is this true?  I have been trying to figure out the fastest xserver to use
> with my 7500 (which has the same video as the 8500) and I have seen both
> Xpmac_mga and XFree68_FBDev.  How are these two different, and are they
> really the same speed?

XFree68_FBDev has more features than Xpmac_mga and may be slightly faster,
but it is a tad bit harder to install. Xpmac_mga is a definate improvement
in speed, most users will be unable to tell speed differences from Xpmac_mga
and XFree68_FBDev, because they are in the same range of speeds.

You might try XFree68_FBDev, but be aware this X Server might require
several configurations to run on your machine.

Thanks,

A_Arthur
arthur99@global2000.net

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-user mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-user  if your ]]