List:       linux-poweredge
Subject:    RE: how to force drive online
From:       "Naidu Bollineni" <naidu () kazeon ! com>
Date:       2006-08-29 23:28:03

Just to update the list on this issue - I had trouble forcing the
second/failed drive to be hot spare. I had to delete the whole virtual
disk (VD-0), and recreate RAID-1 from the list of 2 drives (now both are
shown properly). The system booted successfully, and as the system is
online, both drives are blinking - that means they are syncing.

It might be risky to try this, but it worked for me.

Thanks.
Naidu Bollineni
Senior Member Technical Staff
Kazeon Systems