List:       linux-nfsv4
Subject:    kerberos access problems -- SOLVED
From:       bfields () fieldses ! org (J !  Bruce Fields)
Date:       2005-01-20 16:20:40

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:21:59PM +0100, Dominik Epple wrote:
> Doing
>
> /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server start
> /etc/init.d/nfs-common start
> mount -t nfs4 -osec=krb5p ...
>
> makes the whole stuff work. Pretty trivial... :\
>
> So I am sorry for consuming your time with my fault... But perhaps
> this helps other people with similar problems.
>
> (Perhaps adjust the scripts included in the debian packages to
> enforce the right starting oder?)

Yeah, I don't know, there may be some good reason for the current order.

Probably the problem is just rpc.idmapd.  If you return the startup
script order to the default, and then manually kill and then restart
rpc.idmapd before trying any mounts, does it all work?

Probably we just need to follow Steve Dickson's lead here and have
nfs-kernel-server send a sighup to rpc.idmapd after loading modules.

--b.