List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: framebuffer console problems: not enough video RAM?
From:       Stephen Samuel <samuel () bcgreen ! com>
Date:       2004-10-27 12:59:12

For knoppix, try booting with 'vga=normal'  That avoids booting
with framebuffer text. (there are other vga=settings, but I haven't
bothered to learn them).

The VGA  text code for knoppix seems to go for the 'best possible' mode
which can overwhelm the monitor.

--
Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426                samuel@bcgreen.com
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/~samuel/