List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    Re: What distributions support dual processors 'out of the box' ?
From:       chuck gelm <chuck () gelm ! net>
Date:       2004-10-26 3:59:55

Little, Chris wrote:

>I don't know what the warning is, but a recompile and install of your kernel
>with SMP enabled should work fine.  The warning sounds as if the kernel that
>you build may not necessarily work or advisably be used on other non-pro
>systems (ie. III, IV, etc)

Howdy, Chris and Owen:

 I have twice re-compiled the kernel and yet
cat /proc/cpuinfo
displays only 'cpu0'.  :-(

(edit .config to enable SMP, make bzImage modules modules_install install)

 Elsewhere, someone suggested that I look to see if a
VRM (voltage regulator module) is installed on the motherboard.
I'll be returning to configure the system on Wednesday and I
will check to see if there seems to be any missing items.

Thanks, chuck

-