List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    faulty screen resolution
From:       "William Stanard" <wstanard () palmertrinity ! org>
Date:       2004-08-31 14:12:26

I'm running Linux 2.4.18-14smp on a Compaq Proliant, using an Acer 56c
monitor, and the X login practically fills the screen. I cannot even get
to the OK button in trying to switch the screen resolution. This pretty
well immobilizes me as far as using the Mozilla browser or any Xterm apps.
Any ideas? When I was running the same 2.4.18-14 on an old Acer desktop
model, no problem... the monitor comes from that setup, by the way. Would
it be safe to swap the video cards as a kludge? BTW, what does the smp
mean at the end of the version number?

Bill Stanard
Academic Computing
Palmer Trinity School