List:       linux-newbie
Subject:    InfraRedControl
From:       "Peter H." <heisspf () skyinet ! net>
Date:       2004-08-30 8:43:04

Hi,

My wife got a Nokia 6600 cellphone and takes OK pictures with it.

To put the pictures into the PC I sought of using an infrared connection. I
checked google and downloaded lirc-0.7.Opre7 and it seems a bit complicated to
install.

Is there an easy program on IRC for Linux for a PC-dummy ?

Is it easier to use Windows for this purpose?

I saw it work quite well on a friends laptop. I don't have Windows, however,
could install it for this purpose if that is easier than hack in Linux to make
IRC work.

I have slackware10 with kernel 2.4.26

Thanks & regards
--