List:       linux-net
Subject:    FTP question
From:       Elizabeth Adler <eaadler () excite ! com>
Date:       2000-02-05 18:43:02

  When I try to ftp to my nt box I get the error "421 service no available,
remote server has closed connection."
  When I go from my nt box to the linux box I get the error "conection
closed by remote host"
  Pinging both machines workes just fine.  I looked at the man pages and
tried login as the administrator to the box, but it said it didn't know the
host.  I tried by inputing the following command "ftp 192.168.10
administrator "Then my password""  I got host unknown.  what a I doing
wrong.  I just want to telnet or ftp between the two machines.  (My linux
box is not running x windows at all.)
  Thanks for any help I receive.

Liz