List:       linux-net
Subject:    Linux network configuration
From:       Todd Nguyen <thamole () yahoo ! com>
Date:       1999-08-31 15:32:23

To anyone,

  I am new to the world of linux(as well as this mailing list)and am
attempting to setup a linux network in my home. I have to two computers
linked together with a Linksys Ether16 ISA in one machine and a 3com
3900 EtherLink XL PCI nic in the other, both connected to a hub. On one
attempt I managed to install Redhat Linux(Ker. 2.0.36) on both machines
and they were able to talk to one another via a 'ping' but somehow I
lost that configuration and have tried numerous attempts now to connect
the two computers together. I don't know what I did before but I can't
seem to get them to even ping anymore let setup a complete
point-to-point network. Can anyone help me?
I'd appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks for your time.

Respectfully yours,
Todd Nguyen
thamole@yahoo.com