List:       linux-net
Subject:    Graph showing serious network performance anomaly
From:       Gautam H Thaker <gthaker () atl ! lmco ! com>
Date:       1998-05-29 17:46:02

I have been measuring round trip msg thruputs between pairs
of Linux machines. I see some serious perf. problems. You
can see the graph at the URL below.  I do not know if
2.1.X series of kernels fix this problem or not, but it seems
that there are prob. hundreds of thousands of 2.0.3x series
kernel users who are suffering from such performance problems.

Results can be seen at:

http://www.singe.com/gthaker/anomaly.html

Gautam H. Thaker
Distributed Processing Lab; Lockheed Martin Adv. Tech. Labs
A&E 3W; 1 Federal Street; Camden, NJ 08102
609-338-3907, fax 609-338-4144  email: gthaker@atl.lmco.com
-