List:       linux-net
Subject:    Re: Re[2]: NFS or Samba?
From:       Blu3Viper <david () kalifornia ! com>
Date:       1998-03-30 16:18:15

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Mike Kilburn wrote:
> > invariably add `rsize=8192,wsize=8192' to the mount options.
> I recently changed a machine at a client site to this an now kernel OOPS
> are the order of the day (2.0.32). I haven't had time to investigate or
> get a proper bug report yet so I don't really know if that was the
> problem or if it just tickled something else (like bad RAM).

i would say that you probably tickled something that is broken.  i'm using
8k sizes on several production machines and they have uptimes of nearly 5
months now.  they are 2.0.30 w/ appropriate patches.

-d

--
to include colors and other non printing characters in a bash prompt,
surround the non printing characters with \[ and \] and bash will correctly

-