List:       linux-msdos
Subject:    Data transfer via serial port
From:       mk () daveg ! com
Date:       1999-09-22 15:49:11

Is anybody (successfully :-) ) using dosemu to transfer data via a serial
port ? We're trying to use a closed-source data transfer program with
freedos, and while sending seems to work well (but slower than the selected
baud rate would suggest), even small files (<10 kByte) cannot be received
unmangled. The software does not detect any errors, but there are random
blocks of data missing, suggestive of a buffer overrun.
I guess that there is something amiss in the handshaking code , but would
like to make sure that i am not missing any configuration options before
i start digging.
This with both the most recent 'stable' and 'development' versions off
the dosemu.org site, and both recompiled to use the 'old' interrupt
mechanism. (The latter makes transfer go slightly faster, but not better.)
Configuring irq passing for interrupts 3 and 4 just makes the comm program
hang immediately on startup.

Any help is greatly appreciated...
Martin
--