List:       linux-megaraid-devel
Subject:    Problem to expand a spanned RAID5 volume
From:       Philippe =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Gramoull=E9?= <philippe.gramoulle () mmania ! com>
Date:       2003-02-13 11:13:19

Hi Mat & Michael,

I've read with great interest your article in PowerSolutions titled
"Expanding Storage on Linux- based Servers".

The article is clear and very instructive.

Being in a situation where i needed to grow some RAID5 array on a PERC3/QC
card, i gave this a try.

After many tries, i came to the following conclusion:

if you use the SPAN functionnality of the PERC 3/QC card, then you can't
reconstruct your logical volume.

Please let me know if there is a way to grow such volumes or not.

Config is a DELL2450 + PERC3/QC + PV210S

1 logical RAID 5 volume ( 2 RAID groups spanned : A00-00 -> A00-04 + A01-00 -> A01-04 \
) + 2 HSP for a total of 550Go

Thanks,

Philippe

--