List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    RLL controller + linux kernel
From:       Wakko Warner <wakko () animx ! ml ! org>
Date:       1998-01-31 23:24:42

I am attempting to put an RLL controller (st-21r/22r) in a machine as the
secondary controller.  I keep getting this error message:

hdc: status error: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
hdc: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
ide1: reset: success
hdc: status error: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
hdc: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
ide1: reset: success
hdc: status error: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
hdc: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
ide1: reset: success
hdc: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
hdc: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
ide1: reset: success

I have tried this card as primary controller with NO other HDD controller in
the system and I still get the same problem.  I tried it as Secondary with
no other hdd controller.   I have tried 'ide1=0x170,0x376,0' (it ignored the
0 and used irq 14).  I tried using irq15.  The last thing I tried was to put
a piece of tape over the irq 14 pin.  Then it refuses to even read the
drive...  ANyone got any clues how to do this?  If you're wondering, YES it
does work w/o problems under DOS.  Made a 10M dos partition on it, formatted
it, and it worked, linux can *READ* the drive, but when I attempt to
write...  I get the above errors.