List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: ARGH!  (Is there an HTML archive for linux-kernel that patches work from?)
From:       Rob Landley <landley () trommello ! org>
Date:       2002-10-28 1:45:20

On Sunday 27 October 2002 22:34, Hank Leininger wrote:
> On 2002-10-27, Rob Landley <landley@trommello.org> wrote:
> > Marc.theaimsgroup.com has a lovely "raw mode", but it truncates posts
> > that are too long.
>
> This is true, and I consider it a bug.  However the limit should be quite
> high--either 256KB or 1MB or so.  So raising / eliminating the limit isn't
> high on my priority list :-P  Please do let us know (me directly, or
> webguy@theaimsgroup.com) if you find other mails that have been truncated
> at shorter than this, I'll look into it.
>
> Also, I'm interested in any corner cases where the attachment-parser messes
> up--most of all when it fails to make attachments properly downloadable,
> but also, to a lesser extent, any predictably readable mime-type, encoding,
> etc which it currently doesn't try to print in-line, but could.

This one went totally bonkers, but the post it was embedded in could have been
too long:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103559201620433&q=p3

> > Erich: Could you put your october 25 numa scheduler posting on your
> > home page somewhere?  I tried:
> >
> > http://home.arcor.de/efocht/patches/01-numa_sched_core-2.5.44-10a.patch
>
> If I've got the right mail, you're after this one, correct?
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103556765829589&w=2
>
> ...Which looks complete from here?  That particular patch can be downloaded
> directly as:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103556765829589&q=p3

I've since audited the patches (downloading via q=raw) to make sure the
linux-kernel mailing list blurb was at the end of them.  The penultimate list
will be posted in a few minutes, just trying to catch up on linux-kernel
first to see if I missed anything.

Rob

--
http://penguicon.sf.net - Terry Pratchett, Eric Raymond, Pete Abrams, Illiad,
CmdrTaco, liquid nitrogen ice cream, and caffienated jello.  Well why not?