List:       linux-java
Subject:    Sticky widgets / AWT / jdk117a.
From:       Peter Godman <pgodman () real ! com>
Date:       1999-03-05 22:23:09

Hey there everyone.

I'm having a problem with AWT under jdk117a for linux.  If I click on
checkboxes, buttons, etc. quite quickly, the widget often enters some
intermediate state... the widget depressed while the mouse is over it, and
raised when the mouse is not.  Sometimes the reverse happens (depending on
the initial state).  I'm guessing that the widget never processed the
buttonup event.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Other than this, the
implementation seems quite reliable and stable.  Could anyone give me a
workaround or other method with which I can address this problem?

If you could please reply by email also, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
Peter Godman