List:       linux-java
Subject:    Re: Sticky widgets / AWT / jdk117a.
From:       "Carl H. Sayres" <carl () datarepresentations ! com>
Date:       1999-02-23 22:40:52

> Hey there everyone.
>
> I'm having a problem with AWT under jdk117a for linux.  If I click on
> checkboxes, buttons, etc. quite quickly, the widget often enters some
> intermediate state... the widget depressed while the mouse is over it, and
> raised when the mouse is not.  Sometimes the reverse happens (depending on
> the initial state).  I'm guessing that the widget never processed the
> buttonup event.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Other than this, the
> implementation seems quite reliable and stable.
>
> If you could please reply by email also, I'd be grateful.

Yes, Peter, I've seen the same behavior. Reclicking on the button seems
to correct it. The trick to avoiding it seems to be to be sure
to not move the mouse while clicking. (There must be some confusion between
MouseClicked and MousePressed. Clicks only occur when the mouse is not
moving.)

Best Regards,

Carl

Carl H. Sayres